The NDIS can help you achieve your goals in many aspects of your life. It’s about your choices, the decisions you and those closest to you make, your involvement in your community, your education and employment.
It’s also about your overall health and wellbeing, and creating opportunities for you to have greater participation in a more inclusive community.
If you have a child with a disability, the changes will significantly enhance the quality of life you envisage for them. They will grow up without the barriers to a full life that they may have otherwise experienced.
For adults, the changes will empower people to make your own choices, live your life and define your future.
To be eligible for funded supports, you must
- Have a significant and permanent disability
- Meet age and residency requirements
- Meet either the disability or early intervention requirements
- are under 65 years of age
- are an Australia citizen, a permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen who is a Protected Special Category Visa holder
- have a permanent and/or significant disability that impacts your everyday living and you require assistance from others to do things
- use equipment or assistive technology
For further information on eligibility, please visit the NDIS access checklist https://www.ndis.gov.au/applying-access-ndis/am-i-eligible